StarMed CaStar R - Hood for non-invasive mechanical ventilation (NIV) and CPAP Therapy
The CaStar R is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight patient interface for CPAP therapy or non-invasive mechanical ventilation (NIV) designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of NIV and CPAP delivery. The CaStar R is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Manufactured from phthalate-free materials
• 22mm OD connections compliant to ISO standard
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Built in inflatable neck cushion
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• Patient access port, fitted with bi-directional, anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
The Intersurgical StarMed CaStar R NIV Hood is authorized by the FDA for the emergency use of ventilators, ventilator tubing connectors, and ventilator accessories under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1).
You may also be interested in the following StarMed accessory products: