|Breathing filters provide an effective barrier that help to prevent cross contamination between patients, breathing systems, respiratory and anesthetic equipment, and the clinical environment. Their use is widely recognized as beneficial and is recommended by a number of Anaesthetic Associations(1). They are widely used across the hospital particularly in the operating room, critical care and respiratory care units.
We offer a wide and comprehensive choice of breathing filters with a variety of filtration efficiencies, sizes, volumes and shapes to ensure maximum customer choice. We provide both electrostatic and pleated mechanical filters, with a range of patient connections, providing a choice of products to meet the majority of clinical situations.
The essential requirements for our breathing filters include:
• Independently validated bacterial and viral filtration efficiency
• Proven filtration effectiveness against mycobacterium tuberculosis and Hepatitis C
• Proven efficiency within the intended clinical environment
• Low compressible volume – reducing rebreathing of expired carbon dioxide
• Low resistance to flow over its intended period of use - to reduce the work of breathing
• Option of patient connections – conveniently packed and ready for use, reducing the environmental impact of the packaging
• Lightweight – reducing potential patient trauma
• Safe inert material
• Compliance to all relevant international standards
• Safe, secure ISO connectors - to minimize potential disconnection and leakage.
Watch a video on our push and twist feature for a safe and secure connections everytime
or visit our dedicated website page for further information.
All of our filters are tested at independent microbiology laboratory facilities against clinically relevant bacterial and viral challenges. To find out more about this process visit our filtration and humidification page.
We offer two types of breathing filters: electrostatic and pleated membrane. It is often asked which of the two filter materials give the best filtration efficiency. Despite differences in the method of filtration, electrostatic and pleated membrane filters can both offer high efficiency and a high level of protection to patients.
To discover our range of breathing filters with electrostatic media select your appropriate range from the below images.
To discover our range of breathing filters with pleated membrane media select your appropriate range from the below images.
|When choosing a breathing filter it is important to consider all of the clinically relevant independent information which will allow you to make an evidence based decision on what is the most appropriate breathing filter for the protection and safety of your patients.
Intersurgical will be pleased to provide you with independent documentation to verify the bacterial, viral and humidification performance of the complete range.
Content from video platforms and social media platforms is blocked by default. If cookies from external media are accepted, access to this content no longer requires manual consent.