Pulmo-Protect™ Lung Function Filter
Introducing the New Pulmo-Protect™ lung function filter which combines low resistance with a high bacterial and viral efficiency filter.
Pulmo-Protect combines low resistance with a high bacterial and viral efficiency filter designed specifically to protect the patient and equipment during lung function tests. During these tests patients may generate peak flows as high as 12 L/sec (720 LPM) and expel infective droplets, which could contaminate the pulmonary function test equipment. As a result, cross infection between patients is a real risk1.
• Protection of pulmonary function test equipment
• High filtration properties reduce the risk of contamination
• Low resistance performance ensures efficacy of results and
complies with ATS/ERS recommendations2
• Low functional volume
• Microbiological filtration effectiveness has been
independently tested and validated to provide >99.999%
efficiency against bacteria and viruses3
• Flexible, comfortable, disposable mouth piece helps with
patient compliance and improve the effectiveness of the test
• Comfortable single patient nose clip prevents
patient-to-patient touch contamination
• Device compatible range of color-coded filters available
individually or as a complete pulmonary function test kit
For further information visit the product page to review the information sheet and product video, or make an inquiry.
- Journal of Respiratory Medicine 2005.09.015 An audit into the efficacy of single use bacterial/viral filters for the prevention of equipment contamination during lung function assessment.
- European Respiratory Journal 2005; 26: 319–338 Standardisation of spirometry M.R. Miller, J. Hankinson, V. Brusasco, F. Burgos, et al. 3. Nelson Labs 771942B.1 3. Nelson Labs 771943B.1
- JAEGER is a registered trademark of CareFusion Germany 234 GmbH. SensorMedics is a registered trademark of SensorMedics Corporation. Vmax is a trademark of SensorMedics Corporation. Micro Medical is a registered trademark of CareFusion U.K. 232 Limited. Microgard is a registered trademark of Becton Dickinson and Company. Fukuda Denshi is a registered trademark of Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd. Koko is a registered trademark of nSpire Health Inc.