Pulmo-Protect™ combines low resistance with a high bacterial and viral efficiency filter designed specifically to protect the patient and equipment during lung function tests. During these tests patients may generate peak flows as high as 12 L/sec (720 LPM) and expel infective droplets, which could contaminate the pulmonary function test equipment. As a result, cross infection between patients is a real risk1.
- Protection of pulmonary function test equipment.
- High filtration properties reduce the risk of contamination between patients.
- Low resistance performance ensures efficacy of results and complies with ATS/ERS recommendations2
- Low functional volume.
- Microbiological filtration effectiveness has been independently tested and validated to provide >99.999%efficiency against bacteria and viruses3.
- Flexible, comfortable, disposable mouth piece helps with patient compliance and improve the effectiveness of the test
- Comfortable single patient nose clip prevents patient-to-patient touch contamination.
- Device compatible range of color-coded filters available individually or as a complete pulmonary function test kit.
For further information visit the product page
to review the information sheet and product video, or make an inquiry.References:
1. Journal of Respiratory Medicine 2005.09.015 An audit into the efficacy of single use bacterial/viral filters for the prevention of equipment contamination during lung function assessment.
2. European Respiratory Journal 2005; 26: 319–338 Standardisation of spirometry M.R. Miller, J. Hankinson, V. Brusasco, F. Burgos, et al. 3. Nelson Labs 771942B.1 3. Nelson Labs 771943B.1
3. JAEGER is a registered trademark of CareFusion Germany 234 GmbH. SensorMedics is a registered trademark of SensorMedics Corporation. Vmax is a trademark of SensorMedics Corporation. Micro Medical is a registered trademark of CareFusion U.K. 232 Limited. Microgard is a registered trademark of Becton Dickinson and Company. Fukuda Denshi is a registered trademark of Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd. Koko is a registered trademark of nSpire Health Inc.